- "Whoever heard of a bander who didn't gamble?"
- ―Figrin D'an
"Fiery" Figrin D'an was a male Bith who played the kloo horn as a musician and was the head of the Modal Nodes band. He was overbearing and compulsive, but the Modal Nodes managed to maintain a reputable standing in the music industry. Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, the band played at a cantina in the Mos Eisley spaceport on Tatooine. D'an and the other musicians played "Mad About Me" on stage, although their performance was at one point interrupted by the Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi slicing off the arm of the Aqualish Ponda Baba in defence of the young farmboy Luke Skywalker. Once the incident was over, the band began playing again as the cantina's patrons returned to their drinks.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- (First identified as Figrin D'an)
- Star Wars: Card Trader (First identified as "Fiery" Figrin D'an)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know