Finch Dallow was a male human who was a member of the Resistance's Cobalt Squadron. Dallow served as the pilot of the Resistance bomber Cobalt Hammer during the Atterra campaign and later the evacuation of D'Qar. During the evacuation, Dallow and the other pilots of the Resistance navy's bombing squadron flew their bombers toward a Mandator IV-class Siege Dreadnought, the Fulminatrix. After the other bombers were destroyed, the only chance the Resistance had was the Hammer. Despite numerous attacks by enemy fighters, Dallow managed to get the bomber into optimum position over the Fulminatrix before the cockpit was destroyed by a TIE fighter, killing him. Another crewmember, Paige Tico, managed to drop the bomber's payload, ultimately destroying the Fulminatrix, but killing her in the process when the crippled Hammer dropped into the flames. Cobalt Squadron's sacrifice meant the destruction of the Fulminatrix, allowing the Resistance to escape D'Qar.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Look out!"
- ―Dallow before he is killed
Finch Dallow was played by Kevin Layne in the 2017 film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi where he was credited as "Resistance Bomber pilot #1". Dallow's role as the pilot of the Cobalt Hammer was originally supposed to be filled by Finn in an early draft of the film's script, but director Rian Johnson scrapped the idea because if Finn wasn't aware that Paige Tico was Rose Tico's sister, later there would have been a big "I saw your sister die" scene which Johnson didn't want to write, making Finn, in Johnson's words, an "asshole."
- The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron (First identified as Finch Dallow; simultaneous with Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections and The Last Jedi: Bomber Command)
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command (First identified as Finch Dallow; simultaneous with The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron and Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as Finch Dallow; simultaneous with The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron and The Last Jedi: Bomber Command)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi takes place immediately after the end of The Force Awakens.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi