The fingerlip garpon was a species of fish native to the oceans of the planet Ahch-To. The fish had silver-scaled bodies with long thin lower jaws that extended far beyond their broader upper jaws below their nostrils and black eyes. The species possessed a pair of fins extending from just behind their gills and a tail fin. Members of the sentient Lanai species caught fingerlip garpons for food, and in the year 34 ABY, the Lanai caretaker matron Alcida-Auka prepared a garpon with a fish scaling knife in the Jedi village where Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and the scavenger Rey were residing.
Behind the scenesEdit
A fingerlip garpon first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was released on December 15, 2017. The prop was not named in the film, but received identification in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance) (Appears as a corpse)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as fingerlip garpon)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, it can be assumed to take place in the same year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi