- "Y'know, kid -- getting back to the Falcon's going be like flying thru the five Fire Rings of Fornax!"
- ―Han Solo
The Fire Rings of Fornax, also known as the Five Fire Rings of Fornax, were one of the natural wonders of the galaxy, in which the planet Fornax appeared to be encircled by five rings of intense fire.
They were actually solar prominences attracted to the planet due to its close proximity to its star. Pirates were known to duel to the death within the rings, so that no combatant could escape unburned.
As the rings were a natural phenomenon instead of being created by intelligent beings, they were not included in the list of the Twenty Wonders of the Galaxy by the historian Vicendi in 10,000 BBY. The side order dish Fornax rings was named after the natural phenomena.
- Star Wars: Republic 23: Infinity's End, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy (Mentioned only)
- Fire Ring Race
- Rookies: Rendezvous (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novelization (First mentioned)
- Star Wars 4: In Battle with Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 15: Star Duel (Mentioned only)
- Lando Calrissian: Idiot's Array (Mentioned only)
- "Hasty Exit"—Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook (Mentioned only)
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe (First Edition)
- Secrets of Mos Eisley"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Star Wars Insider 78
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Dining at Dex's
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 117