The First Battle of Carida was a moderate skirmish on the Imperial world of Carida. With the Death Star constructing on schedule, Emperor Palpatine turned his attention to other weapons, such as Colonel Veers prototype All Terrain Armored Transport. Veers was given permission to have the prototype tested on Carida.
With at least seventeen Field commanders from the Imperial Army observing, Veers moved his vehicle through an armored barrier, destroying it in a few steps. With at least two captured Rebel T2-B repulsor tanks and two captured T4-B heavy tanks blown to smithereens, in addition to three Pod walkers meeting a similar fate. Veers moved down to the river and deployed a squad of nine Stormtroopers from the AT-AT. Killing at least nine captured Black Sun soldier's, Veers then proceeded to slaughter a captive Rancor.
- Tarkin: "General Veers is of the opinion that the Rebel base that launched the attack could not be far away based on the size of their force."
- Darth Vader: "I have used his information to pinpoint Jabiim as the likely origin point. Allow me to take a force there and crush them once and for all!"
- Palpatine: "More important than destroying their worthless base of operations is finding the identity of the one who revealed the location of this demonstration, my apprentice."
- ―Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine[src]
Palpatine congratulated Veers on the AT-AT's success. Darth Vader along with Veers calculated that the planet Jabiim provided the staging point for the attack. Although Tarkin stated that the AT-AT would see little use other than garrison duty when the Death Star was operational, Palpatine had a possible vision of the Battle of Hoth, and counter-stated that the AT-AT would be a useful tool of the army.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Empire at War (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and referencesEdit