The Yuuzhan Vong had been traveling through deep space ever since their home galaxy had been destroyed. When they discovered Zonama Sekot, they deemed it similar to their own living homeworld, Yuuzhan'tar.
However, when the Yuuzhan Vong attempted to settle on the planet, Zonama Sekot's biosphere killed off the Vong flora and fauna, provoking outrage from them. Although Sekot attempted to negotiate with them, they began an assault upon the planet.
After several years, the Jedi Council received word of the attack, and sent Jedi Knight Vergere to investigate. When she arrived, she discovered the true nature of the Far Outsiders–who considered her powers amazing.
Concealing her Jedi identity, Vergere managed to get the Yuuzhan Vong to agree to halt their attack on Zonama Sekot, in exchange for traveling with them. Both Vergere and the Far-Outsiders retreated back into the Unknown Regions.
The damage done to Sekot was immense, especially on the planet's southern hemisphere, where huge gashes were still apparent six decades later.
- Rogue Planet (First mentioned)
- Outbound Flight (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Legacy 18: Claws of the Dragon, Part 5 (Mentioned only)