- "People who knew him best think he went looking for the first Jedi temple."
- ―Han Solo, on the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker
The first Jedi Temple was an ancient building established and maintained by the Jedi Order on Ahch-To. It was the first of many temples built throughout the galaxy, and one of the few that were not demolished by the Galactic Empire. Luke Skywalker came to live there as a hermit after his apprentice and nephew Ben Solo turned to the dark side of the Force and destroyed his new generation of Jedi.
Behind the scenesEdit
The first Jedi Temple first appeared in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.
Scenes at the temple were shot on location on the island of Skellig Michael off the coast of Ireland, with the ruins of an ancient Catholic monastery, once the home of Celtic Monks who lived as isolated hermits sheltered away from mainstream civilization, used to portray the temple.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens Golden Book
- The Force Awakens, Part III (Mentioned only)
- The Force Awakens, Part VI
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi