The First Order Navy, also referred to as the First Order fleet, was the naval branch of the First Order military. Created from the remnants of the Imperial Navy of the former Galactic Empire, it would be paramount to the gradual conquest and colonization of the Unknown Regions by the Imperial successor faction known as the First Order.
Following the Galactic Empire's decisive defeat at the Battle of Jakku and its subsequent surrender to the New Republic with the signing of the Galactic Concordance, a faction that would later be known as the First Order would eventually splinter from the Old Empire and cement its political sphere in the galactic frontier known as the Unknown Regions. There, away from prying New Republic eyes, the First Order would rapidly expand its military and research some of the former Empire's greatest military secrets in a bid to return to power. With the New Republic's military disarmament program, many within the First Order Navy joked that their fleet was virtually unsurpassed strength. Despite this, the First Order lacked the resources of the Old Empire, and as a result the First Order Navy was smaller than the New Republic Navy; which itself was a mere fraction of the size of the former Imperial Navy.
About thirteen years before the destruction of the Hosnian system, the First Order began channeling billions of credits into the hitherto minor Nikto crime lord Rinnrivin Di's cartel through a militia group called the Amaxine warriors. Rinnrivin's cartel was involved in smuggling and gambling activities in New Republic space with the Amaxines serving as their financiers and partners. In addition, Rinnrivn's cartel and the Amaxines raided legitimate commercial shipping and extorted protection money from merchants. The proceeds were funnelled to shadow corporations in the Outer Rim Territories and Centrist sources like Lady Carise Sindian, who transferred the funds back to the First Order, which used it to rebuild the Old Imperial fleet, which became the basis for the First Order's fleet.
Roughly thirty years after Endor, the Resurgent-class Battlecruiser would represent the Order's newest vessel, however older models such as the Imperial-class would continue to see service in the First Order's Navy, and would be maintained by unmanned repair drones.
Space stations and superweaponsEdit
Capital ship classesEdit
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- Before the Awakening
- Poe and the Missing Ship
- Poe Dameron 1: Black Squadron, Part I
- Poe Dameron 2: Black Squadron, Part II
- Poe Dameron 3: Black Squadron, Part III
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part I
- The Force Awakens, Part II
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- The Force Awakens, Part IV
- The Force Awakens, Part V
- The Force Awakens, Part VI
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as First Order Navy)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Before the Awakening
- ↑ In Claudia Gray's Bloodline, it is mentioned that the First Order had begun channeling funds into Rinnrivin Di's cartel seven years before the events of the novel, which takes place six years before the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Bloodline