The military uniforms worn by the personnel of the First Order's armed forces consisted of a high-collared tunic, flared-hipped breeches, and knee-high boots. Accessories included a belt with a polished buckle, code cylinders, and a crested command cap. Parade uniforms also included a greatcoat made of gaberwool.
Rank was denoted by a braided cuff title on the uniform's left sleeve, as well as by uniform color: Generals' and Admirals' uniforms were charcoal grey, senior officers' were teal, and junior officers' were light gray. Non-commissioned officers—including petty officers, Chief petty officers, and some military technicians—wore lighter, black duty uniforms without belts.
At least some First Order uniforms resembled those of the Galactic Empire's own Imperial officer's uniform, albeit colored black. Armitage Hux wore such a uniform while aboard the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Finalizer. In addition, on Starkiller Base, some of the officers when outside wore coats that went down to the knee at the back, as evidenced by Hux's speech to the amassed First Order military before the Hosnian Cataclysm.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Before the Awakening
- Poe Dameron 11: The Gathering Storm, Part IV (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 14: Legend Lost, Part I
- Poe Dameron 16: Legend Lost, Part III
- Poe Dameron 17: War Stories, Part I
- Poe Dameron 18: War Stories, Part II
- Poe Dameron 19: War Stories, Part III
- Poe Dameron 24: Legend Found, Part V
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Captain Phasma, Part I
- Captain Phasma, Part IV
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection