- "Obi-Wan, Master Tiin, come quickly to the Council Chambers. Something has happened to Masters Plo Koon and Eeth Koth."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn, following Kenobi's lightsaber duel
The Jedi Order sent Jedi Masters Plo Koon and Eeth Koth on a mission to the planet of Obredaan in 32 BBY, to investigate the warriors known as the Jin'ha. The mission followed efforts by the Jedi to avert a war on the planet Coruscant that had been sparked by the Black Heth, a criminal gang supplied by the Jin'ha. The Jedi's transport was destroyed and the Masters were captured, necessitating a second Jedi mission to the world to discover what had happened.
In 32 BBY, Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi fought the Black Heth criminal gang and Jin'ha warriors on Coruscant, the capital planet of the Galactic Republic. He defeated the gang before they could start a war on the planet, and planted a tracking device on a Jin'ha arms shipment, which the Jedi High Council tracked to the world Obredaan, the home of the warriors. The Jedi Order then sent two Jedi Masters, Plo Koon and Eeth Koth, to Obredaan to investigate the Jin'ha. The two Masters piloted a Consular-class cruiser for the mission.
Upon their arrival at Obredaan, Koth's and Koon's Consular-class cruiser crashed into the Obredaan swamps, and the two Jedi Masters were captured by the Jin'ha. Communications between the starship and the Jedi Council were then cut off.
- "They can't have survived, Master."
"No, Padawan. I sense both Jedi somewhere nearby. I will go and find them. I want you to find the Jin'ha facility and discover the source of their weapons technology. We can still turn defeat into victory."
- ―Kenobi and Jinn, after finding the wrecked starship
Following the loss of communications, Kenobi's Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, summoned the Padawan to the Council Chambers along with Council member Saesee Tiin, against whom Kenobi had just won a lightsaber training duel as part of his ongoing training at the Jedi Temple. The Jedi then sent Kenobi and Jinn to discover what had befallen Koth and Koon. They succeeded in their mission by rescuing the two Masters, and stole a sample of cortosis metal from a hidden Jin'ha mine. Additionally, the arrival of a Trade Federation gunship at the mine suggested a link between the Trade Federation and the Jin'ha. Further investigation by Kenobi revealed that the Jin'ha were mining cortosis for the Trade Federation, and a few weeks later the Federation betrayed the trust of the Jedi Council by blockading the planet Naboo.
Behind the scenesEdit
The mission to Obredaan was first mentioned in the second chapter of the 2001 video game Star Wars: Obi-Wan and was also mentioned in the game's strategy guide. The mission was later referenced in Obredaan's entry in 2008's The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 Star Wars: Obi-Wan
- ↑ Shatterpoint
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The first two chapters of Star Wars: Obi-Wan take place a few weeks before the Invasion of Naboo, which The Essential Reader's Companion places in 32 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Obi-Wan: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 402 ("Obredaan")