- "We have our battleships. We have our droids. If Palpatine wants our wealth, let him come and take it."
- ―Customs Vizier Marath Vooro challenges the Galactic Empire
The Five Veils Campaign was an Imperial campaign launched in 19 BBY during the Empire's Reconquest of the Rim against remnants of the organization known as the Trade Federation. Led by Customs Vizier Marath Vooro, portions of the company refused to acknowledge the treaty that gave the Empire control of the Federation's resources and assets. In response, Imperial Grand Moff Octavian Grant smashed Vooro's forces at the planet Farstine, before capturing Vooro in the Outer Rim Hook Nebula, ending the campaign.
- "Where is Gunray? Where is Haako? A third-tier flunky has no right to negotiate on the Trade Federation's behalf."
- ―Customs Vizier Marath Vooro, on Sentepeth Findos's signing of the treaty
After the end of the Clone Wars in 19 BBY saw the Galactic Republic defeat the Confederacy of Independent Systems, some parts of the Confederacy-allied Trade Federation company continued to resist the Galactic Empire. The resistance, which was led by the Trade Federation's Customs Vizier Marath Vooro, refused to acknowledge a treaty signed by Acting Viceroy Sentepeth Findos of the Federation that gave control of all of the company's resources and assets to the Empire. Vooro, who declared that Findos' authority to make decisions for the Trade Federation was illegitimate, led the resisting portions of the company from the Mid Rim planet Enarc. There he retained a force of Trade Federation Defense Fleet battleships and battle droids, challenging the Empire to come and get the Federation's wealth. The Empire responded by dispatching Grand Moff Octavian Grant to deal with them during their Reconquest of the Rim.
Due to Vooro's lack of effective commanders, Grant's fleet smashed Vooro's forces at the world of Farstine, before chasing Vooro down the Five Veils Route from Farstine. Grant then captured Vooro in the Outer Rim Hook Nebula, ending the campaign.
Behind the scenes
The Five Veils Campaign was first mentioned in the article Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:24, written by Daniel Wallace and Pablo Hidalgo, and released in 2005 in the 84th issue of the Star Wars Insider magazine. The campaign was later mentioned briefly in the Trade Federation's entry in 2008's The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia. In 2012, the campaign was identified and expanded on in The Essential Guide to Warfare, an extensive guide dedicated to the conflicts in the galaxy, written by Jason Fry and Paul R. Urquhart.
- "Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:24"—Star Wars Insider 84 (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 257–258 ("Trade Federation")
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First identified as Five Veils Campaign)