|Fizz-Pop Cap (with foil cluster)|
|Usage and history|
The Fizz-Pop Cap (with foil cluster) was an accoutrement worn by Squib diplomats who represented the Squib King. Sometime between 0 and 2 ABY, during the Galactic Civil War, Spilferithimus-narlamos—nicknamed Spilfer—wore such a cap when he was sent by King Ebareebaveebeedee from the Squib Momship Thrifty to join a band of Rebel Alliance operatives. The Rebels were on a mission to destroy Elusive, an Imperial armored transport that held sensitive information about Rebel activities under control of the Rebels' Dankayo Base, located on the planet Dankayo. However, only the Squibs knew the starship's current whereabouts, coordinates they promised to trade only after the Rebels helped Spilfer steal a gravity well projector from the Paradise system, home to the Squibs' galactic rivals, the Ugors.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Fizz-Pop Cap is mentioned in the description of Spilferithimus-narlamos in the adventure Scavenger Hunt, written by Brad Freeman and published by West End Games in 1989 as part of Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The adventure includes an illustration by John Robinson, which depicts Spilfer wearing a hat that sits between his tufted ears and features a broad, flat, rounded bill and a collection of keyhole-shaped objects on the front. Nevertheless, the adventure's use of cap is ambiguous about whether the term refers to Spilfer's hat or some other element of his costume.
- Scavenger Hunt (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Scavenger Hunt, p. 22.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Scavenger Hunt, p. 9.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Scavenger Hunt takes place at an unspecified point after the destruction of the first Death Star, which occurred in 0 ABY according to The New Essential Chronology, p. 110, and before the assignment of Carlist Rieekan to Echo Base, which occurred in 2 ABY according to The New Essential Chronology, p. 117.
- ↑ Scavenger Hunt, p. 2–3.