|Flame battle droid|
|Chronological and political information|
Instead of using blasters, flame battle droids used flame jets that could not be blocked by a Jedi's lightsaber. A large backpack was attached to the droids that contained the necessary flammable gases. They had tan plating, and were distinguished from their B1 battle droid cousins by the orange coloration of the droid's shoulder plates. They were programmed to terrorize innocent civilians and burn down homes, crops, and municipal buildings to destroy morale. Another variant of the flame battle droid existed; the other variant featured blue markings and carried a different type of flamethrower.
Flame battle droids and the variant were used by the Trade Federation during the Invasion of Naboo. A group was guarding the entrance to the Theed Royal Palace along with a T4 turret droid. They were destroyed by the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Other flame droids guarded a group of Royal Naboo Security Forces pilots.
Behind the scenesEdit
The flame droids first appeared in the 2000 video game Star Wars: Episode I Jedi Power Battles. Another variant appears in the video game Star Wars: Obi-Wan, released a year later. Their features were described in Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles: Prima's Official Strategy Guide.
- Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: Episode I Jedi Power Battles
- ↑ Star Wars: Obi-Wan
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I Jedi Power Battles can be played with one or two characters; these characters are Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Plo Koon, Mace Windu, and Adi Gallia. Any character can be selected from the loading screen for any of the game's 10 missions. This article assumes the selection of Jinn and Kenobi, per their appearance in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.