- "Cozy back here, we could send out for flatcakes."
- ―Kanan Jarus
Flatcakes were a type of flat, round, brown cake that could be prepared using a flatcake turner. Shortly before the outbreak of the Clone Wars between the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Galactic Republic in 22 BBY, a cafeteria servant droid on board an AA-9 Coruscant freighter traveling from the planet Coruscant to the planet Naboo cooked flatcakes for the ship's passengers. In 11 BBY, the human Jedi-in-hiding Kanan Jarrus joked that he and the Twi'lek pilot Hera Syndulla could order flatcakes while they were cramped together in the cargo hold of the transport Moonglow-72 during the conflict on the planet Gorse.
Behind the scenesEdit
Flatcakes first appeared in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones when it was released on May 16, 2002, but were not named until the release of the Star Wars Legends novel Allegiance on January 30, 2007. The name was then brought into canon by the novel A New Dawn, which was written by John Jackson Miller and released on September 2, 2014.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Thrawn (Mentioned only)
- A New Dawn (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 A New Dawn
- ↑ Thrawn
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide states that Kanan and Hera met on Gorse six years prior to the events of Star Wars Rebels, referring to the events of A New Dawn. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas states that Rebels starts in the year 5 BBY and so using basic maths it can be concluded that the events of A New Dawn take place eleven years before the Battle of Yavin in 11 BBY.
- ↑ Allegiance