Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Flechettes were small, sharp-edged metal blades, fired at high speed as projectile weapons. Normally, they are fired rapidly at one time, meaning that one salvo of flechette fire could mean hundreds upon hundreds of blades flying at supersonic speeds.
During the Clone Wars, they were discovered to be a useful weapon against Jedi Knights: while individual flechettes would not cause serious injuries, they could not be easily deflected by lightsabers, and moreover, while the exposed skin of most organic sentients was vulnerable to them, the armored chassis of battle droids were not, making them excellent weapons for droid troops in close-quarters combat.
Accordingly, flechette launchers were sometimes issued to Separatist forces used to fight Jedi, including some of the A-series assassin droids which Asajj Ventress carried aboard her personal starfighter.
Behind the scenesEdit
The word flechette is French for "dart" (literally, "little arrow"). Flechettes were first introduced during World War One as an anti-infantry weapon that was used by fighters. Pilots would fly over enemy lines and empty canisters of flechettes over unarmored targets. By the time they reached the ground these weapons could have easily attained the speed of a bullet and were capable of punching through the helmets of soldiers below.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Knight Errant novel (Indirect mention only)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Death of Hope (Mentioned only)
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
- Jedi Quest: The Trail of the Jedi
- Jedi Quest: The Master of Disguise
- Jedi Quest: The School of Fear (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Quest: The Moment of Truth (Mentioned only)
- Boba Fett: Pursuit
- MedStar I: Battle Surgeons (Mentioned only)
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars novel
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
- The Last of the Jedi: Dark Warning
- Han Solo at Stars' End
- Han Solo's Revenge
- Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
- Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88
- I, Jedi
- Before the Storm
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe (As "flechette cannister" and "flechette missile")
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook (As "flechette canister")
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Far Orbit Project
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
- Fly Casual
- Strongholds of Resistance
- Flechette on Wikipedia