- "There's nothing like a good fleek eel dripping in pepper oil."
- ―Baron Hieromarn
The fleek eel was a species of slippery eel found in the Hocekureem Sea on Falleen as well as in the oceans of Aquilaris. They were caught with tridents or traps which were then brought in by submersibles. The eels were cooked in pepper oil and were considered a delicacy, often served alive in a cream. Around 3,964 BBY, Marn Hierogryph, under the pseudonym Baron Hieromarn, solicited investments to pay for tankers to transport the eels to Taris. He predicted that the eels would be a smash hit among the denizens of the Upper City.
There was also the proverbial expression spear two fleek-eels with the same trident to describe multiple success with little effort.
- The Taris Holofeed: Prime Edition
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 13: Days of Fear, Part 1
- Star Wars: Knight Errant 6: Deluge, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic 12: Outlander, Part 6 (Mentioned only)
- MedStar I: Battle Surgeons
- "The Great Herdship Heist"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15
- Shadows of the Empire novel (First appearance)
- Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Mentioned only)
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: )
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Dining at Dex's
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force