- "Alert all commands. Deploy the fleet."
- ―Admiral Firmus Piett
A fleet was a conglomeration of warships usually organized to work together and under the command of a single Admiral, General, or other military officer. The commanding officer would usually utilize one of the heavy capital ships within the fleet, such as a Star Destroyer, as his flagship. Governments such as the Republic and the Empire would field fleets to defend their interests and territories from attack. The Alliance to Restore the Republic managed a fleet with which it fought against the Empire as did the Confederacy of Independent Systems when it fought the Republic.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Lords of the Sith
- A New Dawn
- Star Wars Rebels
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Escape from Darth Vader
- Princess Leia, Part IV
- Heir to the Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi