- "I, like you once did, identify as fleet admiral—but you seem to have taken the title 'Grand Admiral' for yourself."
- ―Fleet Admiral Gial Ackbar, to Grand Admiral Rae Sloane
Fleet Admiral was a high-ranked position in several navies in the galaxy, including the Imperial Navy and New Republic Starfleet. In the Imperial Navy, a fleet admiral was senior to an admiral and junior to a Grand Admiral. However, in the New Republic, the rank was the highest naval position which was in command of the entire starfleet.
Prior to 2 BBY, Sartan held the rank of Fleet Admiral, as well as Jok Donassius. At some point after, the rank of Fleet Admiral was given to Gallius Rax, a friend of and close adviser to the fallen Emperor, Sheev Palpatine. He promoted Rae Sloane to the position after her actions during the Rebellion on Akiva, but later promoted her again to Grand Admiral.
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath (First appearance)
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- "Blade Squadron: Jakku"—Star Wars Insider 172 (Voice only)