- "Finn naked, leaking bag? What? Did you fry a chip?"
- ―Poe Dameron, to BB-8
Flexpoly bacta suits were a type of emergency medical suit filled with artificial bacta. They consisted of transparent bacta circulation and filtration tubing and a retaining collar lined by status sensors with wireless telemetry. When the Resistance had to evacuate their base on the planet D'Qar in the year 34 ABY, the injured First Order deserter Finn was put into an expired flexpoly bacta suit while in a medical coma and transferred to a storage room-turned temporary medical suite onboard the MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus. He remained unconscious in the suit until after the Resistance fleet had successfully exited hyperspace after jumping to lightspeed, but then awoke and left his bed in search of the scavenger Rey. As he moved through the corridors of the Raddus the expired bacta suit began leaking as it had become fragile. Eventually, the Resistance pilot Poe Dameron spotted the confused and mostly naked Finn and found him a change of clothes.
Behind the scenesEdit
A flexpoly bacta suit first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was released on December 15, 2017. The costume was not named in the film, but received identification in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi: Rose and Finn's Secret Mission
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as flexpoly bacta suit)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, it can be assumed to take place in the same year.