A flight or flight group was a grouping of three, four or five starfighters, depending on the military, that was typically though not always led by a captain. Three flights of four starfighters, or four flights of three starfighters, typically made up a squadron. Many military organizations, such as the Imperial Navy and New Republic Starfighter Command, used this system of intra-squadron organization. It was also utilized within mercenary and pirate units.
"Flight" also referred to flight-related technology—such as starships, airspeeders, or jetpacks—or to the general concept of flight—such as piloting or with natural wings as Geonosians and Toydarians.
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- X-Wing: The Official Strategy Guide
- X-Wing Collector's CD-ROM: The Official Strategy Guide