A flight or flight group was a grouping of three, four or five starfighters, depending on the military, that was typically though not always led by a captain. Three flights of four starfighters, or four flights of three starfighters, typically made up a full squadron. Many military organizations, such as the Imperial Navy and New Republic Starfighter Command, used this system of intra-squadron organization, however it was also known to be utilized within mercenary and even pirate units. General Maarek Stele often lead flight groups of two to four, while just as frequently flying solo.
"Flight" also referred to flight-related technology—such as starships, airspeeders, or jetpacks—or to the general concept of flight—such as piloting or with natural wings as Geonosians and Toydarians.
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- X-Wing: The Official Strategy Guide
- X-Wing Collector's CD-ROM: The Official Strategy Guide