Flits were non-sentient flying reptiles native to the planet Lok. They had thick hides and extremely sharp beaks, as well as a number of poisonous barbs, making them a dangerous predator. Flits were also found on Ord Mantell's Tansarii Point Station and the prison world Despayre. On Lok, the reptavians were hunted and used for meat, but they could also be tamed and made into effective fighters. One such tamed flit won the blood sport competition at the opening of the Aerie Casino on Naboo in 1 ABY.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Flits were flying reptiles usually growing a wingspan greater than the height of a tall Wookiee. They had two smaller limbs with sharp claws for grabbing. Flits had thick hides, very sharp beaks, and a small tuft on the back of their neck. They also had dorsal barbs tipped with a powerful poison. A small prick from the barbs was capable of felling a grown Human. There was some variety within the flit species, such as flit harassers, flit bloodsuckers, and giant flits. These differed in strength and size.
Flits attacked in swarms, swooping around their prey, alternately advancing and retreating. They were particularly effective attacking at night, when it was much harder to avoid them. Despite their savagery, flits could be tamed.
Flits were indigenous to the planet Lok, located in the Karthakk sector of the Mid Rim. There, they were found around the barren land surrounding the stronghold of the pirate Nym during the early years of the Galactic Civil War. Despite the danger posed by the flits, the locals hunted their meat and used their bones. Elsewhere in the Mid Rim, flits were also found aboard Tansarii Point Station, which orbited Ord Mantell of the Bright Jewel Oversector. The Sullustan hunter Wyle Artis sought to hire a spacer to hunt some flits and scyks for him in the Tansarii Point atrium, offering credits and a necklace for successfully completing the job.
Flits were also found on Despayre, located in the Atrivis sector of the Outer Rim Territories. They occasionally infiltrated the perimeter fences of the Imperial prison compounds stationed planetside, causing a threat to the residents there. All the flits on Despayre perished with the destruction of the planet by the first Death Star that occurred in 0 BBY. In 1 ABY, a trained flit harasser was entered into the blood sport competition that marked the opening of the Aerie Casino on Naboo. Trained by a Trandoshan, the reptavian eventually won the competition, defeating a Dathomiri malkloc in the final round by landing on its back and stabbing its sharp beak deep into the malkloc's neck.
Behind the scenesEdit
Flits were created for Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and produced by LucasArts, that debuted in 2003 and shut down on December 15, 2011. In the game, they were an opponent on Lok, one of the ten original playable worlds, as well as part of a quest for beginner players on Tansarii Point Station. Flits later appeared in Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine (2006), a tie-in novel by Voronica Whitney-Robinson and Haden Blackman, which referenced many aspects of the online game. They were later mentioned in Death Star, by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry (2007). The stats for the various forms of flits were also published in the various guides to Star Wars Galaxies, published by Prima Games.
- Death Star
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars Galaxies
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Death Star
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- ↑ In Star Wars Galaxies, players can receive "Lokian Avian Meat" and "Lokian Avian Bones" upon killing flits.
- ↑ Star Wars Insider 65, map
- ↑ Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds.
- ↑ Star Wars: Rebellion