Floating Meditation, also known as Rising Meditation, was a Jedi meditation technique where one meditated while using the Force to float several inches off the ground. Often, surrounding objects would revolve around the Force User.
This technique was used by Revan when he was being re-trained at the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, where he floated himself, and several objects (chairs and a datapad) during meditation. Bastila Shan would use this power during her Battle meditation. Barriss Offee also used this technique often. Galen Marek used this meditation in order to find Darth Vader. Luke Skywalker used this technique while being imprisoned by the Joiners on Woteba. Jacen Solo meditated this way, believing that contact with the ground could prove distracting.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- MedStar Duology
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Shadows of the Empire novel
- The Courtship of Princess Leia (First appearance)
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- Exile (Indirect mention only)