Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Floating Meditation, also known as Rising Meditation, was a Jedi meditation technique where one meditated while using the Force to float several inches off the ground. Often, surrounding objects would revolve around the Force User.
This technique was used by Revan when he was being re-trained at the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, where he floated himself, and several objects (chairs and a datapad) during meditation. Bastila Shan would use this power during her Battle meditation. Barriss Offee also used this technique often. Galen Marek used this meditation in order to find Darth Vader. Luke Skywalker used this technique while being imprisoned by the Joiners on Woteba. Jacen Solo meditated this way, believing that contact with the ground could prove distracting.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- MedStar Duology
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Shadows of the Empire novel
- The Courtship of Princess Leia (First appearance)
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines
- Legacy of the Force: Exile (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Meditate)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Nightsister's Revenge (Card: Mystical Energies)
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force (as Rising Meditation)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Core Set (Card: It Binds All Things)