The flute was a musical instrument of the woodwind family. Unlike other woodwind instruments, a flute produced its sound from the flow of air against an edge, instead of using a reed. A musician who played the flute was generally referred to as a flutist.
Flute tones were sweet in character and blended well with other instruments. The flute's pitch, and various aspects of its timbre were flexible, allowing a very high degree of instantaneous expressive control.
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- Imperial Commando: 501st
- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns of Force (Mentioned only)
- Boba Fett: Hunted
- Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (First appearance)
- Ewoks 2: Rites of Power
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Sunstar vs. Shadowstone"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Tragic Flute"
- Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
- Planet of Twilight (Mentioned only)
- The Crystal Star
- Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers
Notes and referencesEdit
- Flute on Wikipedia