- "How do you get so big eating food of this kind?"
Food rations or field rations, often simply referred to as rations, were a transportable form of ready-to-eat food used by many military forces like the clone commandos. These could also be found in survival packages, most notably field kits. Rebel pilots also had a few ration packs inside their starfighters in case they became stranded on a planet. These rations were stored in a blue container with eleven slots, seven on the bottom, three rectangular slots at the top, and a thin slot in the middle, with food including a large, yellow, square-shaped object; a rectangular bar; several bits of small tan pieces; a large stick; several medium-sized sticks; small rolls; small brown pieces; white pieces; orange pieces; tiny sticks; a small, yellow, square-shaped object; and white rolls. Yoda tried a scrap of food from Luke Skywalker's food ration but spat it out in disgust. They were also well-stocked on cruisers, freighters and lasted long periods of time.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two
- Republic Commando: Hard Contact
- The Clone Wars: Cold Snap
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- X-Wing: Rogue Squadron (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee
- Legacy of the Force: Exile
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook