During the attack on Tuanul, Kylo Ren utilized this ability to hold off a blaster bolt headed in his direction long enough for him to talk to Poe Dameron, and then released it after moving out of the way. Later, during the Battle of Takodana, Kylo Ren utilized this ability to capture Rey, shortly before forcing her to fall unconscious.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (First appearance)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 20: Fortress Vader, Part II
- Star Wars Rebels – "Jedi Night"
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Indirect mention only)
- Poe Dameron 26: The Awakening, Part I (Appears in flashback(s))