The Force Wars were a ten year long series of conflicts that took place on Tython more than seven centuries before the formation of the Galactic Republic. They were considered the first conflicts between the followers of the light and dark sides of the Force. The Force Wars originally began as an invasion by the forces of the Rakatan Infinite Empire.
Both sides utilized metal swords augmented through the Force. In 25,783 BBY, the Bogan's followers were defeated. The light Force users of Tython established a monastic society of guardians of the peace, known as the Jedi, and eventually left their world, settling on the planet Ossus 730 years later.
The Force Wars were studied by Padawan students at the Jedi academy on Coruscant as part of Mrs. Pilton's course on the History of the Jedi Order. Roan Novachez was weak in his knowledge of this subject-- on his report card for the course in the third semester, he earned a B+ with a note that his studies were "excellent, except for study of major events during the Force Wars."
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan (Non-canonical mention)
- Darth Plagueis (Indirect mention only)
- The Wrath of Darth Maul (Indirect mention only)
- The New Essential Chronology (First identified as Force Wars)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 138
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 146
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 150