A force field, sometimes energy field, seemed to be a very broad, general term for any type of field, most commonly artificial, in which matter or energy was manipulated through some type of force.
Artificial force fields tended to be 'projected' from a single device, and thus normally had a certain radius over which their effect gradually weakened to the negligible. Energy from most force fields could usually also be concentrated into a plane, a 'skin' around an object, a beam, or even a single point, though this often required more advanced technology. Force fields could be disrupted through outside interference occasionally, such as with the use of a power gem.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: Droids—"Tail of the Roon Comets"
- Agent of the Empire—Iron Eclipse, Part 1
- Rebellion 8: The Ahakista Gambit, Part 3
- Rebellion 9: The Ahakista Gambit, Part 4
- Star Wars 22: To the Last Gladiator
- Star Wars 34: Thunder in the Stars
- Star Wars 63: The Mind Spider
- Star Wars 76: Artoo-Detoo to the Rescue
- Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire
- Black Ice