Force lightning was a Force power utilized by the Sith. The technique involved a discharge of electricity from the practitioner's fingertips, resulting in electrocution and even disfigurement if the target was hit with it.
Targets could deflect the discharge using a lightsaber. Some powerful Force-users were also capable of absorbing it using only the Force, but only for a short while, and at the price of immense effort. Gungan personal energy shields were also capable of repelling Force lightning.
In some cases, the lightning intensity was so high that the victim's skeletal system started glowing and could be seen through his or her skin—as demonstrated with Mace Windu—or even through heavy armor.
Behind the scenesEdit
Force lightning first appeared in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, the final film of the original Star Wars trilogy. In the Expanded Universe, now re-branded as Star Wars Legends, Force lightning had a number of useful variants and could be summoned even by Jedi. These uses, however, are no longer considered canon and in canon media only practitioners of the dark side of the Force have been observed using the skill.
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: Return of the Jedi
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Kyber Saber"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Trouble on Tibalt"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Pit and the Pinnacle"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Flight of the Arrowhead"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Return of the Jedi"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Crisis on Coruscant " (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- (Set: 75093 Death Star Final Duel)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Massacre"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Four