Force nexus is a term used to refer to any location where the Force, or any particular aspect of the Force, was unusually strong.
Such nexuses could be caused by any number of different events. Korriban in general and the Valley of the Dark Lords specifically were nexuses of the dark side of the Force due to the long-term presence of the Sith Lords, Nam Chorios was a nexus of the Force due to the omnipresence of the Tsils, a form of life; Vjun was a nexus of the dark side due to the horrible events of its past, the Dark Side Cave on Dagobah and a spot in orbit over Endor were tainted by the death of dark side users, Byss was a nexus of the dark side of the Force because it housed Palpatine's clones and his various Sith alchemy experiments and the Force energies sucking the lives on the planet.
There may have been a nexus in Lumiya's habitat asteroid where Alema Rar could draw energy from it to power her Force specters.
The natural mountain on which the foundation of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant rested was a nexus for unknown reasons, but is was likely because of all the Jedi that had lived there for thousands of years. This became tainted by the dark side with the defeat of Lord Nyax at the site of the ruined Temple during the Yuuzhan Vong War. The most powerful nexus was the Valley of the Jedi, where the spirits of several thousand Jedi, both light and dark, were trapped after the Seventh Battle of Ruusan, a perhaps limitless source of Force energy even after the spirits were freed.
Objects left in the presence of a Force nexus for extended amounts of time eventually became saturated with the Force, Imbuing the object (like a weapon) with special abilities, like an edge that will never dull, the ability to absorb some Force powers like Force lightning and electric judgment, or even the ability to enhance the wielders perception of time, allowing him to think and react faster than possible. This effect allowed even a being who wasn't Force-sensitive to use the weapon to a great degree. Further, objects imbued with a particular aspect of the Force - be it light or dark - could actually become so saturated as to make their very presence intolerable to those of opposite alignment.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic
- Tales of the Jedi (audio)
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith (audio)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Echoes of the Jedi
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Invasion of Theed Adventure Game (Adventure 5: Renegade)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Domain of Evil
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Specter of the Past
- Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
- Outcast (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, First Edition (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Dark Empire endnotes
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- "Dangers from the Dark Side: Villains for the Star Wars: New Republic Campaign, Part Two"—Polyhedron 104
- The Dark Forces Saga
- Obi-Wan: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia