Force Rage, also known as Dark Rage, Force Enrage, or Force Fury, was a dark side alter Force ability. The Force user would tap into his or her innermost fears, pain and hate, and convert them into an intense rage. The user could then channel the anger to increase his or her own speed, strength, and ferocity. However, the body could not handle such rage for long periods of time, so the user became greatly weakened for some time after the rage subsided. If light side users wielded Force Rage, it could permanently disrupt their connection to the light side unless something happened to interrupt the Rage and bring them out of the dark side's grip. Therefore, the Rage could give the wielder an instantaneous physical and mental response, but pull them into deep depression, physiological harm, and the endless void of the dark side.
Very few Jedi were capable of using and mastering Force Rage without falling to the dark side, one of the few examples is Jaden Korr.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Jedi Exile learns the Force Rage ability from Kreia in Knights of the Old Republic II if the player chooses the prestige dark side class Sith Marauder or randomly learns it near the end of Malachor V before she enters the Academy.
The Emperor's Wrath used Force Rage to channel his power, whenever he attacks or is attacked.
Players in Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast multiplayer mode can select Force Rage as one of the powers in their dark side arsenal. Using this power increases speed, strength, and defense; but the user's health is slowly depleted until either the user terminates the power or the user is left with only 1 unit of health. Users of Force Rage also experience a moment of exhaustion, slowing the player's movement and attack.
In Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Starkiller is able to tap in to this power in short bursts by concentrating all of his anger in specific targets to unleash devastating, lightning-fast attacks against them.
- The Betrayal of Darth Revan (As Dark Rage)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (As Dark Rage)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (As Enrage, Fury, Frenzy, Bloodthirst, Predation, and Undying Rage)
- Star Wars: Knight Errant 11: Escape, Part 1
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 19"
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Echoes of the Jedi (As Dark Rage)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game (As Dark Rage)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (As Force Fury)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (As Dark Rage)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (As Dark Rage)
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- "Lure of the Dark Side" (Card: Rage)