Through special training, certain beings were able to appear as Force spirits through the Force. The knowledge was open only to those who followed the light side, so the only known individuals with the ability to manifest after death were Jedi. It was made possible by energy from the Living Force flowing into the Cosmic Force. The Force Priestesses, who dwelled on the planet said to be the origin of the midi-chlorians, taught the skill to Qui-Gon Jinn, the first known Jedi to learn the secret. His training was incomplete upon his death, however, so he could only manifest as a disembodied voice. The secret was later passed on to Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Anakin Skywalker. The Sith were unable to manifest themselves after death, causing them to concentrate on gaining earthly power only. One Sith, the Presence, was able to preserve part of her conscious essence so long as it was bound to an object like a Sith holocron.
- Star Wars (As a disembodied voice)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Crossing Paths"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Exit from Endor"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Backstories: Star Wars – Darth Vader: Sith Lord
- (First identified as Force spirit)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"