Force suppression was a controversial mind-affecting Force power that was employed by crafty Force-sensitives. It allowed a Force-sensitive to harness the Force in order to convince others that they had been cut off from the Force itself.[source?] As such, it served both to diminish an enemy's Force resistance and to negate a vast range of Force abilities, including but not limited to Force speed, Force valor, Force barrier, Force immunity, Force fury, Inspire, energy resistance, and even battle meditation.
Advanced mastery of this technique was referred to as Force breach during the Old Sith Wars. During the Cold War, that name was instead applied to the ability to deal catastrophic damage against targets by rupturing their shatterpoints.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Jedi Academy Training Manual