|Usage and history|
- "It's a Forcesaber, weapons of the Forcehounds of the Rakata."
- ―Xesh to Daegen Lok.
The Forcesaber was a Rakatan invention in which powerful dark side energy was channeled through laboratory-grown crystals in glowing energy blades. Force Hounds were required to construct these weapons themselves which required the use of a special form of crystal along with the use of alchemy to shape it. The process involved the construction of a hilt and the presence of adequate resources for the task. Some Forcesaber versions, the ones used by Force hounds, were like regular lightsabers, while others, used by Rakata themselves, were similar to lightsaber pikes
A vision experienced by Daegen Lok during his travel into the Chasm on Tython saw him witness a blade made of fire that had never been seen before. His dark vision saw the Je'daii Masters banish him to the moon of Bogan. Lok would only discover that the weapon was called a Forcesaber when the Force Hound Xesh had been exiled to the Tythonian moon. He would ask the Force Hound to construct a new Forcesaber in order to show it as proof of his vision to the Je'daii Order.
Forcesabers like lightsabers, could come in a variety of colors. Xesh and Daegan Lok both utilized purple, Trill a light blue. In Lok's vision, a shadowy army of warriors were seen to weild red, while in Kwa Master A'nang's and Xesh's flashbacks, Rakatan warriors seemed to favor orange.
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 6: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 1
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 7: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 2
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 8: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 3
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 9: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 4