- "In close-quarter fighting, Billaba's emphasis was always on Form III, which you favor to a ridiculous degree."
- ―The Grand Inquisitor, to Kanan Jarrus
Form III, also known as the Way of the Mynock or Soresu (pronounced sor-EE-soo) was the third form of lightsaber combat created by the Jedi Order. It was more focused on defense than attack.
Proficient in its use, Jedi Master Depa Billaba taught her students, including Caleb Dume—who would later change his name to Kanan Jarrus after Order 66—to use Form III during close-quarter fighting. Jarrus later used Form III against the Grand Inquisitor, who recognized it as a staple of Bilaba's instruction and was able to counter Jarrus' attempts to use it against him.
- Kanan 7: First Blood, Part I: The Corridors of Coruscant
- Kanan 1: The Last Padawan, Part I: Fight
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rise of the Old Masters" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Lightsaber Battles