- "Keeping your saber moving is key to deflecting the fire from multiple adversaries. Fluid motion, one into the next, into the next, and so on. I've made some adjustments to the classic Form IV techniques that I think you'll find work well against droids and other ranged attackers. Here, I'll show you..."
- ―Anakin Skywalker, in Kanan Jarrus' holocron
Form IV, also known as Ataru, was the fourth form of lightsaber combat invented by the Jedi Order. An acrobatic combat style, Ataru could be used to defend against incoming projectiles, and was best suited for open spaces. When the Galactic Republic was in its last years of existence, Anakin Skywalker made adjustments to the classic Form IV techniques and demonstrated them in a holographic recording, later found in Kanan Jarrus' holocron.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Form IV)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia