- "The base with the nasties who live in the shadows?"
- ―Sabine Wren
Fort Anaxes was a Galactic Republic military base built inside a cave on the planet Anaxes during the Clone Wars. After the planet's destruction, the facility remained intact on PM-1203, one of the asteroids in the newly created asteroid ring.
- "This base was abandoned years ago, after the Clone Wars."
- ―Hera Syndulla
During the Battle for Anaxes, the fort was the base for Jedi Generals Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. After defeating the Separatists, the clone troopers returned there to celebrate.
After the war, Anaxes was subjected to a cataclysm that broke apart the planet, but the fort remained preserved, becoming a rhydonium fuel depot and a popular choice for secret meetings. At least four years prior to the Battle of Yavin, a colony of fyrnocks had nested in the remains of the base, which were encounted by Hera Syndulla and Sabine Wren when they had planned to meet "Fulcrum".
A minor skirmish between the Jedi Padawan Kanan Jarrus, his apprentice Ezra Bridger and a small force of Imperials incuding the Grand Inquisitor took place here roughly four years before the Battle of Yavin. Although the Inquisitor was able to defeat Kanan, his apprentice used the dark side of the Force to summon a giant fyrnock to combat the Inquisitor. Both Jedi were able to escape on the Phantom, destroying the Inquisitor's Sentinel class shuttle in the process to prevent pursuit.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Out of Darkness" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions (Picture only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi" (Indirect mention only)
- Ezra's Duel with Danger
- "Star Wars Rebels Recounted"—Star Wars Insider 156 (Indirect mention only)
- (First identified as Fort Anaxes)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Savage Spirits (Picture only)