Probably no one else cares about this, but since other people have been "rant"ing...
One of my pet peeves is the use of the phrase "his ultimate fate is unknown" which is explicitly banned in the MoS and still shows up all over the place here. The scroll box below is just a partial list of articles which use that exact phrase (case in point- this "partial list" is 48 articles long). I think that generally the phrase can just be deleted as the mere lack of mention of an ultimate fate tells you that we don’t know it. Sometimes the information is pertinent (like between installments of a new series like LOTF), and in those cases there’s probably a better way to relay that information, though comments on what exactly that would be are welcome.
Pretty much I just wanted a little input before I started a purge of this phrase in case anybody flipped out (since people have probably gotten used to the phrase as it hasn't been removed by any of the people who have edited those 48 articles). Anybody else want to help tackle this? Wildyoda 20:35, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
- I'm trying to generally improve the Tales of the Jedi-related articles, and in the process removed it from Nomi Sunrider and Sylvar. Couldn't find it on Naga Sadow, though... what did you mean there? Evir Daal 08:19, 5 April 2007 (UTC)
- I'm with you Wildyoda. I usually delete it if I find it. —Xwing328(Talk) 19:16, 5 April 2007 (UTC)
- Nuked it from the Mark VII experimental prototype assassin droid article. The sentence immediately preceding it concluded with "...left the planet for parts unknown." which I think covers the droid's conclusion rather well. --School of Thrawn 101 07:10, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
- FYI - I don't know how to cross through text, so if someone can either tell me how to or just go ahead and cross through the droid's listing up top, I'd appreciate it. --School of Thrawn 101 07:12, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
- Also just cleared up the Sundered Heart article. Replaced the "Ultimate Fate" stuff with "but the exact details regarding the Heart's subsequent history has yet to be revealed." --School of Thrawn 101 07:15, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
- Even worse. Revealed to whom? - Sikon 07:30, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
- School of Thrawn, the way you do a strike through is like this: <s>Text with line through it</s> would appear as
Text with line through it. - JMAS 12:55, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks a bunch. --School of Thrawn 101 13:45, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
- I took care of Saak'ak, Jula Shryne, Alpha-17, Zuka, and Dehno. Will come back to work on this later. --Titan 14:48, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
- I looked back through the search I did that pulled all these up and the Naga Sadow one was actually in reference to the sword. If anybody actually is bothered by that one and can think of a better way to phrase that, go for it. As for Sundered Heart, I just cut it down to "little was known about the Heart's participation," rather than what still sounded like an "ultimate fate"-style reference. Wildyoda 19:58, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
Well, I think that does it. --School of Thrawn 101 04:43, 7 April 2007 (UTC)