With the release of Star Wars: The Essential Atlas and Star Wars: The Essential Atlas Online Companion, a lot of our FA and GA species articles have become outdated. This page serves as a repository to make note of new information provided in these reference works about our alien species articles. Items to the left of the Coordinates field come from older sources; place new information in the Atlas information field at the end of the table. Please include page numbers so other project members can check as well!
Things to look for:
- Does an alien species' homeworld appear on a map?
- Is the world located on any named hyperspace routes?
- Is it listed as a battle site or site of some other event?
- By using the historical maps in the Atlas, can we infer when a world first became part of the "known galaxy?"
- Does the world (or its coordinates) appear in the sphere of influence of any major power?
- What system name does the Atlas use for the world? Does this differ from previous sources? (If so, create a redirect!)
- What region does the Atlas place the system in?
- What sector does the Atlas Companion place the system in?
|Bouncer||Ruusan||Hoth's Brand system||P-11||
|Drovian||Nim Drovis||Drovian system||R-7|
|Gotal||Antar 4||Prindaar system||N-12||
|Knowledge Bank||Dac||Calamari system||U-6||
|Slith||Yavin 13||Yavin system||P-6||
|Wol Cabasshite||Wol Cabassh||O-6|
|Y'bith||Clak'dor VII||Colu system||M-18||
|Bimm||Bimmisaari||Saari Ha system||R-9||
|Gank||Nar Shaddaa||Y'Toub system||S-12||
|Sluissi||Sluis Van||Sluis system||M-19||
|Zeffliffl||Zeffliffl||Markbee's Star system||L-5||
As I read through the Atlas, I tried to keep a sharp eye out for WPA alien homeworlds, but I know I dropped the ball on some (such as the Drovians and Exodeenians). In other words, a species above may have many more mentions than those I've listed; I just may have missed them. ~ SavageBob 21:37, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Ooh! Could you also make a list of new species created by the Atlas? --Eyrezer 04:34, September 4, 2009 (UTC)
- From Justin Gann's notes posted on tfn. This includes species that receive new homeworlds. This doesn't include Atlas Appendix worlds.
- Hutt Space -- p29-31
- Jilruan--"towering war-like species" p29
- Yahk-Tosh-- from Xolu p29
- Unidentified Saqqar civilization--"now vanished civilization" p30
- Unidentified Usk species--"extinct slave species" from Usk p30
- Tsyklen p29
- Moralan (species)-- from Moralan p30
- Zisian--from Zisia p30
- Cyborrean--"client species" from Cyborrea p30.
- Skups--from Sionia
- Ilosians--from Ilos p30
- Tal Nami (species)--from Tal Nami p30
- Vippit--from Alee p31
- Langoonans--from Langoona p31
- Huloon (species)--from Huloon p31
- Sakiyans-- p31
- Mon Calamari space -- p208
- Kashyyyk and its neighbours -- p152-157
- Arkanis sector -- p144-147
- Senex-Juvex sector -- 210
- The Chiss Ascendancy p. 218
- Near Pando--extinct builders of the Malabar Construct
- Pybus--makers of "ruins" [these ruins might be Hutt-made?]
- Boz Pity--Gargantelle
- Bedlam Pulsar--Bedlam Spirit
- Imynusoph--Imyni (appears on p. 139 as part of The Hydian Way section and The Kallea Cycle. -- Riffsyphon1024 05:37, August 7, 2011 (UTC))
- Ninn--"depopulated" [of a native species?]
- Pal Goral--Palarian
- Xochtl--Bagmim, p174.
- Betshish--"pre-industrial sentients"
- Mannova--"sardonic, gray-furred species"
- Orn Kios--Ornki
- Delphon--"primitive cultures"
- Oyokal--"quadrupeal native species"
- Cool, nice list! Too bad Justin didn't copy down page numbers as he read through; would've helped a lot to track these back down. We should make sure all of these have articles, though, definitely. ~ SavageBob 03:01, September 8, 2009 (UTC)