A few weeks back I dove headfirst into expanding the Great Galactic War article. I think I've done a reasonable enough job, but I'm sure at least some of that is borne of the tunnel-vision that comes with being the near-exclusive editor for a while.
I put out a call for some assistance on the Talk page nearly two weeks ago now, but so far to no avail so I thought I'd seek out help in a more general TOR area like this. That link has a few points that I've identified as things I'd like to see cleaned up, but I think the most significant issues are:
- some of the timeline is wibbly and hard to sort out. The opening parts of the war in the Outer Rim are all fairly easily sorted, but it's around the Mandalorian Blockade time that things get a bit fuzzy. The Blockade is broken in 3660 BBY, and Malgus' defeat at the first battle for Ord Radama is stated in Book of Sith to be sometime shortly after the breaking of the Blockade as well. But the subsequent sections in Book of Sith--the battle at Ziost, the capture of Serenno, and Malgus' second move on Ord Radama--are much more difficult to place year-wise, leading to next point:
- there's some stuff which I think it tremendously important (most specifically, the Devastation of Manaan but which can't be fitted into the timeline easily because we have no firm date for it. There are a number of other examples like this as well, of events that should go into the flow of the war, but I don't know how to do that without a date being assigned
- citations, citations, citations. I have been admittedly slack on putting in citations, and it's on my own personal to-do list. But some assistance here would make this go a lot faster
Basically, I'm hoping that we can bump the page up to Good status. It's an event of pivotal importance in the KOTOR era, and I'd really like for the overall quality of the article to reflect that.
Assistance would be nicest, but advice is also very welcome! – DigiFluid 06:19, March 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Given the amount of information that's still coming out of TOR, it may be a bit premature to shoot for good status, especially considering that once it's completed, it will be waaay over the GA word limit. But for the time being, I can help you with some of your questions. With regards to all of the Book of Sith information, you'll see that Malgus's dating places all of the events after the Battle of Ord Radama within about 300 days of that conflict. That means that all of these battles occur within 3,660 BBY, or at most one year beyond. My suggestion would be to play it safe and date all of these conflicts as "c. 3,660 BBY". As for those that have no discernable date, like Manaan, there's really nothing we can do. Mention them somewhere in the history section of the article, but know that you can't place a firm date on them. Darth Trayus(Trayus Academy) 06:27, March 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Indeed, I forgot about the word limit. But even putting aside that (which I find more than a little absurd, to be honest), there's no good reason why we shouldn't work for a better article. That's all I'm looking for here, help in making it better. If we can get an article to meet all but one or two requirements of Good/Featured/Comprehensive/whatever, then we have the dual benefit of having a great article and it being in a position to be quickly brought up to snuff. – DigiFluid 20:16, March 14, 2012 (UTC)