Hello, I'm an old contributor just relogged in a day ago and was looking to upload some images from SWTOR to put in some articles. After filling up the infobox, choosing the licensing tag and pressing upload I get a error message
"<This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your edit was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Combined unverified user upload prevention
Is uploading images a special privilege now or was I banned from a long time ago? Thanks!
[[[User:Razzy1319|Razzy1319]] (talk) 05:53, January 9, 2014 (UTC)]
- Hi. Thanks for coming back and contributing again :). We have a filter that stops uploads from new or unconfirmed users. Part of that is a limit of a minimum of 50 edits. Now, obviously you have more than 50 edits, but it looks like there is an issue with the data (possibly due to an old bug since most of your edits were 2006 or before), and the AbuseFilter thinks you only have 45 edits. So, if you make another 5 edits, you should be able to upload images. Sorry for the inconvenience. Cheers, grunny@wookieepedia:~$ 06:48, January 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks! Seems to be working now. Just an extra question about the sourcing/licensing tag? If I pick a licensing tag on the dropdown menu, do I still have to type it in the template? Razzy1319 (talk) 15:42, January 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Click the "Switch to guided upload form" button in the top right corner of the Upload page. It'll make the form a lot easier to use; also, please try to categorize your images, and correctly source them to Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter and not just TOR. Thanks. Cade Calrayn 15:44, January 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks Cade! Just saw this now. So sorry for the non-categorized stuff. Third question, anyway to get a list of categories to appear when typing them out? not sure which categories I should put on the images Razzy1319 (talk) 16:03, January 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, that's not yet available; it's something that we can hopefully implement. It's often easiest to edit the file page after uploading and adding the correct categories.