The discussion was then brought up on Darth Culator's talk page here.
Based on the discussion there, I'd like to pose the question about television networks. Culator stated that TVB is listed anywhere on StarWars.com. That is true. But nowhere on the official site, that I can find, is there a mention of, or links to, every single international television network that airs TCW. But Pearl TVB is one of two free television networks in Hong Kong. It broadcasts The Clone Wars in Hong Kong, so therefore, it must be a legitimate and Lucasfilm-authorized television network, whether or not the official site links to it.
- In a world where starwars.jp is a spam site and Ewoks airs in South America without anyone at Lucasfilm knowing or caring, I frankly don't trust the Chinese. If someone can find any proof that TVB is a legitimate Lucasfilm broadcast partner that isn't on a wiki or TVB's own site, then I won't object to them. -- Darth Culator (Talk) 20:58, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
- Would this site do? It lists TVB now (maybe it didn't before). —Silly Dan (talk) 21:21, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
- The trick is: those were promotional images by the very nature. The promotional images for Star Wars movies, video games, TV shows etc are found on a huge number of websites in various resolution, and none of them has official partnership with Lucasfilm. But that in no way makes the images unusable, because promotional images look very differently from fanart, don't you think? Mauser 21:40, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
- Except that if we don't provide a proper, official source for an image, it is not fair use, and many such sites are not proper, official sources, and got their images elsewhere. -- AdmirableAckbar (Talk) 22:06, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
- Fantastic. Why Google failed to find that is a mystery. And that list might have other uses. Thank you. -- Darth Culator (Talk) 01:03, 5 March 2009 (UTC)