im starting a wiki of my own and im afraid im greatly inexperience and need lots of help. after see how well put together your wiki is i was wondering if you and the rest of the administration board could help. thank you --kingclone 11:25, November 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Is there any special aspect you are wondering about? It's impossible to explain here how this wiki works—that would require a book. 1358 (Talk) 11:28, November 15, 2011 (UTC)
yes there are about 3 or 4 special aspects about the wiki im looking for in particular 1. its templates my wiki's templates are under dated and dont function like templates on this wiki. for example i cant seem to connect the template with the photo or change the colors or anything. 2. its homepage with wiki activity and featured articles,etc. 3. its theme, my theme is all blue and there's a lot missing that i can't put there basically how wookiepedia has its colors matching. 4. im not sure about my layout or if i even have one. if you want a better look: [futuristicstory.wikia.com]
lastly on an unrelated topic other users are talking about this is it true that wookiepedia is going to be closed down and deactivated. --kingclone 11:46, November 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Wookieepedia indeed has complex templates that can unfortunately not be simply copied over. I'd advise you to take a look at the source code of our templates and see what you need.
- You can see our Main page layout by viewing the sourcecode. It's basically two columns and a template for each "box" in the columns.
- You can adjust your colors by using common stylesheets (css) by editing the wiki-wide css files (shared, default skin, monobook) or using the layout designed on your wiki.
- I think the Community Central forums are a better place to get general help for your wiki.