I'm new to editing the site, but I have been a long time reader. I noticed that a few pages for some of the books I owned were missing information and cover images, so I decided to sign up to fill them in. I've completed all of the requirements to be able to upload images, but I am still unable to. Can one of the admins help me out?
I've made 62 edits and I received this confirmation that my email was verified a few months ago. Your email was confirmed on May 14, 2017 at 20:44.
Thanks for your help! mberube
- Hmm. Okay, two things. First off, it says that your account has to be at least four days old. I'm not sure offhand if that means from your first edit or simply when you signed up period, but when you posted this message, you were right on the cuff of four days from your first edit. So you might want to try it again now, and see if it gives you the error. Secondly, are you attempting to upload your image from Special:Upload? It's the only approved method of uploading images on Wookieepedia. Anyway, given how recently that you got 50 edits, it may also have to do with that; maybe the system just hasn't had time to process it yet. Sometimes there are caching issues that can cause it to be slow. I would say maybe give it another 24 hours if it's still not working when you try it after you read this. If it's still not working then, then report back here because then the admins or staff will definitely need to check into it. ProfessorTofty (talk) 05:11, July 4, 2017 (UTC)
Hi ProfessorTofty! Thanks for helping me out with this. I'm using the Special:Upload page to try to upload. I tried again and am still receiving that same error message. Here is the error that I'm getting.<
|<a href="Dialog-warning.svg; class="image image-thumbnail" ><img src="Dialog-warning.svg; alt="Dialog-warning" class="" data-image-key="Dialog-warning.svg" data-image-name="Dialog-warning.svg" width="40" height="40" ></a>||Due to upload abuse, adding or replacing files is limited to users who have achieved a threshold number of edits and account lifetime, and have a confirmed email address in their user preferences. Please find something constructive to do until you reach this threshold. Please note that spamming unproductive edits to reach this threshold will cause your account to be completely blocked from editing. For more information, please contact an administrator via <a href="/wiki/Wookieepedia:IRC" title="Wookieepedia:IRC">IRC</a>.|
- I am still unable to edit as of July 7th. Can someone look into this? I'm just about ready to give up. —Unsigned comment by Mberube (talk • contribs).
- Just for the record, this is because the
user_editcountvariable in AbuseFilter is showing 0 edits for the user in question. I'm getting in touch with Wikia right now to get it fixed. 1358 (Talk) 21:50, July 5, 2017 (UTC)
- I just wanted to add here that Jim The Lamproid is also having this issue. Have you received any update on this, Ecks?--Exiled Jedi (talk) 22:47, August 7, 2017 (UTC)
- I also can't move articles due to 'not having enough edits' Jim The Lamproid (talk) 10:38, August 10, 2017 (UTC)
It's been a few months since I wrote this issue and it still hasn't been resolved. Is there anyway an admin can just grant me image uploading permissions? —Unsigned comment by Mberube (talk • contribs). 20:50, September 30, 2017 (UTC)
Wikia still hasn't fixed this so I've resorted to manually exempting users from the filter. If you're autoconfirmed and have over 50 edits but still can't upload images, please let me or another admin know about it and we'll add you to the list. 1358 (Talk) 19:43, October 3, 2017 (UTC)