How do you add pics? I'm a new Wookieepedia member and when I try to put a image in it just comes up with an example. Please someone tell me what to do. —Unsigned comment by Sithlordniall (talk • contribs).
- Click on the 'Upload File' link on the left of your screen. Read everything. Then fill in the form and submit. To include the image in a page, add [[File:File.jpg]] where file.jpg is the name of the file in Wookieepedia. There are also several modifying properties you can add in the tag after the filename:
- |right Aligns the image on the page. Possible values are right, left, and center.
- |200px Resizes the image to the specified pixels.
- |thumb will display the image in thumbnail form
- |caption You can write anything as the caption. It will only be displayed if the |thumb option is used.
There may be more, but I don't know about them. My best idea is to find an example you want to re-create and study the code. --KievanMereel 19:16, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
Also, if you are placing an image in an article, except in the rarest of circumstances (can't think of any), the |thumb tag should always be used. Some other formatting things to consider are: if the image is being placed in the article and will be located to the left of the article infobox, the thumbnail size qualifier should be set to 180px on all articles except battles/skirmishes in which case they should be set at 150px. So for an example of how to insert the image, the code should be thusly: [[File:PictureName.jpg|left|thumb|180px|caption goes here.]] noting that the left can replaced with right and the 180px can be changed as well. - JMAS 19:32, 15 May 2007 (UTC)