As the sitenotice says, there is currently an ongoing issue with user logins.
To summarize the known issues:
- You try to log-in and it won't take.
- You'll be logged in but when you try to edit you get a "loss of session data" error
- You'll appear to be logged in but you can't view or edit your watchlist.
What we know about the actual underlying problem:
- .....We got nothin'.
To summarize what's being done:
- Wikia techs are on it.
- Hi... yes, we're working on it. This is, obviously, important. We've been putting more and more in our cache servers to speed up the site and we believe that session data might be getting forced out... so we're creating a separate cache instance just to hold session info to see if that's actually the issue. We'll be turning that on in the morning Poland-time. When we do, it will invalidate all current session data, so we want it to be during the night U.S. - time. If this doesn't fix the issue, it's still a very high priority for us and we'll keep after it. Johnq 20:08, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
What can you do about it:
- Navigate away from wikia.com
- Delete your cookies. Just the Wikia.com cookies if you know how, all of them if you don't know how.
- Clear your cache.
- Close your browser.
- Open your browser.
- Come back to Wookieepedia.
- Try to log in.
- Pray to Katarn that it works.
- If it doesn't, repeat the above steps until it does.
Please be aware, no individual member of the the administration or usership of Wookieepedia is able to resolve the underlying cause. Only Wikia technicians can provide a permanent solution.
They provide a convenient place to whine and/or yell at them: http://irc.wikia.com
- That's what I do. Same problem has been bugging me for days now on all Wikia wikis (not Wikipedia, though). Somehow, sometimes after I contribute after my IP address the problem is gone and I can log in again, and I stay logged in. However, when I quit and get on the next day, the problem returns. Oh well. Another solution is to get your butt off of all Wikias and go play some Halo 3 beta. --Victor (Talk)
- Yes,Halo 3 Beta or Gears of Wars sounds good ~The Prophet~
Like many users, I am also facing the problems, and I take it in philosophical way: who does not have problems? :) Most of the time, I am able to log on after doing the drill as suggested above. I hope that it will get resolved soon. --Bhadani (talk) 01:54, 3 June 2007 (UTC)
- Hi again... are you still seeing this issue? If so, are you getting reports of it happening with as much frequency as before? Johnq 19:09, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
- Just had it happen a few hours ago. -- Darth Culator (Talk) 03:04, 28 May 2007 (UTC)