I was looking at the first picture on the Great Hyberspace War page and saw that everyone was using midieval looking shields and pikes. Why weren't they using blasters? When were blasters(or any gun for that matter) first made. This was in 5,000 BBY, there was already space travel, lightsabers, and other very advanced technology, so why are armies running around lord of the rings style? This is something thats bugged me for a while now.
- You mean this image, right? Someone had the same question on TFN . A variety of explanations were suggested.-LtNOWIS 10:12, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
- Some say that it's a drawing from Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Possibly Fields of Pellanor outside Minas Tirith. In 5,000 BBY there were as you say very advanced technology. And blasters had been around for a long time, a very long time to be exact. And before blasters there were Slugthrowers or as we say, rifles. Lorth Needa 11:48, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
- It can't be a drawing from Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. It has Jedi and Sith warbeasts. It looks very much like one though. The armor and spears seem to be of Gondorian design.--Darth Oblivion 14:43, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
Someone on the other forum said it was a photoshopped pic from LOTR, and I actually have to agree with him. Looking at the armor of the soldiers it looks JUST like LOTR. They also said the pic was "in-universe", does this mean that it wasn't a actually picture of the battle from the comics, but rather in-universe characters were looking at this as a painting or something. If it was a painting or something to that effect it would explain a whole lot, since artist often romantisize(sp?) their art.
It looks just like LOTR mixed with Star Wars, if you watch Return of the King you will know. Roron Corobb 02:10, 20 August 2006 (UTC)
Wonder if Tommy Lee Edwards worked on some LotR thing before the Essential Chronologyy.--Darth Oblivion 02:13, 20 August 2006 (UTC)
- I don't see any Orcs. You find me an Orc and I'll agree that it's from LOTR. -- Riffsyphon1024 04:40, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
- It just seems that, for some reason, it is heavily influenced by LotR.--Darth Oblivion 16:29, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
- Its a homage to LOTR, its star wars for goodness sakes, to much discussion on a pointless topic. Jedi Dude 16:52, 21 August 2006 (UTC)
Speaking of the invention of Blasters, what was the deal with the whole "beam-tube" weapon system? When did that come about? Feldmarschall 23:53, 23 August 2006 (UTC)