On the Gray Jedi Page i listed several "beliefs" that a Gray Jedi may follow. And it was removed due to unverrifyed content. But i would just like to say that the beliefs are certantly not a code or anything that a gray Jedi has to follow, it is merly a suggested guidline that has come up in discussion on the JCF, and serves as good starting point to get a generalized view of what it is a Gray Jedi is. It does say in there that by no means is this a guarenteed or strick code of conduct. But i think it would be a good thing to have because it does provide good starting point for getting a good feel of what the Gray Jedi are. This is the list here.
1 - Emotions are okay but, they don't control you, you control them.
2 - You are who and what you choose to be as the maker of your own path.
3 - Law is necessary to maintain order and all must live by the law.
4 - The law must be broken if you are absolutely sure you're right.
5 - Those who cannot defend themselves must be protected.
6 - Those who use others must be stopped.
7 - Peace cannot exist without war, how else will you know what peace is.
8 - War must be prevented but, if it cannot be, it must be ended quickly.
9 - The quest for knowledge is the best focus of one's time and mind.
10 - One must never neglect jedi training of the body and The Force.
11 - Anyone may hold any position if chosen or elected, including Jedi.
12 - Rulers must be removed if they abuse those they rule.
13 - Expansion of empire by any means is sometimes necessary and for the best.
14 - Expansion of empire for purely material reasons must be stopped.
15 - Those unable to rule themselves must be ruled.
16 - Those unable to rule themselves must be taught to do so.
17 - Trust The Force, it is truely nuetral.
18 - Trust your instincts, for they have learned from experience.
19 - Trust your heart, for it will always be true to yourself.
20 - Trust your mind, for it will draw on all your knowledge.
21 - Do not trust your eyes, they may be decieved.
22 - Do not trust your ears, they can be decieved.
23 - Do not trust a Jedi, for they will always believe they are right.
24 - Do not trust a Sith, for they will convince you you are right.
25 - Do not trust a Grey, for they only trust themselves.
26 - Life must be preserved at all costs.
27 - Survival of the fittest is the way of life.
28 - The light will always chase away the dark.
29 - The dark will always encroach the light.
30 - So long as the grey line exists there will always be balance.
The Grey Jedi will not intervene on either side, choosing instead to watch and follow their own code, defending themselves and maintaining the line.
AzureAngel 02:06, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
- None of that is canon, and Wookieepedia isn't the place to post fan fiction. - Lord Hydronium 02:08, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
- Then i would suggest that it be given one of those Non-canon lables. Because while it isn't cannon in the fact that it is not stated any official. It still does have some value. Certanly more than some of the other stuff that is posten in Non-Canon sections of articles.AzureAngel 02:28, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
- Not only is it fanon, it is completely unverified and has nothing to do with what a Gray Jedi actually is. QuentinGeorge 02:29, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
- To put it politely, much of this is speculative interpretation. It is unable to be confirmed as the official (or unofficial) teachings of Gray Jedi. Sorry. The folk here aren't keen on spec-interp. They've slashed some of my work for the same reasons. Sorry. Karohalva 05:09, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
- On Wikipedia, they'd call it 'original research'. I actually like these rules, what with the almost Zen-like contradictions, but is it encyclopedic and strict canon? I'd have to say it isn't. It's good fanon though.TIE Defender 06:19, 24 February 2007 (UTC)