With the latest round of updates that Wiki is making, is anyone else having troubles with them? If so, I figured we can list them here and them present them to Wiki staff at one time.
- I uncheck the box for enhanced recent changes in my preferences and then save it. Then when I click on the Recent Changes link, it's back to enhanced. And if I go back to preferences, the box is once again checked.
- This isn't a glitch so much as a really bad change. If you upload an image to replace another, it no longer lists a link, or even the image name on the RC page. It just says (overwrite) in the edit summary. - JMAS 16:18, 23 January 2008 (UTC)
- For example, the latest image I uploaded looks like this in RC:
- Goddammit, Wikia, not again? I also am getting the "enhanced", AKA shitty, recent changes also. Changing my preferences also did no good. And why in Katarn's name would anyone think removing the name of the image uploaded would improve anything? What the fuck, Wikia. Get it together. Havac 00:01, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
- Gawd, I hate the enhanced recent changes. Can't we just remove it from the wiki? 02:07, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
- Yep RC is now always enhanced for me as well. And although I do hate it, I'm not quite as vehement about it as Havac. Besides, this hasn't caused nearly the level of interruption some of the wikia updates have. Good job, Wikia (contingent on fixing the RC preference error). Wildyoda 02:19, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
- Making sure you all know, it's a pain in the butt to have to do every time, but there is a link right next to "Hide my edits" that says "Hide Enhanced Recent Changes". As long as you just refresh the RC page using the browser refresh button, it'll stay unenhanced. It will go back to enhanced though every time you click the RC link. - JMAS 02:29, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks JMAS, for showing that little fix. To everyone else: Omg, calm down. It's a known issue across Wikia as a whole right now; have a little patience and it will be fixed. So, until then, suck it up. Greyman(Paratus) 02:32, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
- Also, if you have favorites for different settings on RCs, add
&hideenhanced=1to them. -- Darth Culator (Talk) 02:50, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
- Looks like its fixed across Wikia now. Whew. -- Riffsyphon1024 05:30, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- The enhanced RC issue is fixed. How about the other issue. Any way we can get Wikia techs to put it back the way it was when an image gets uploaded to overwrite another? It used to show the image file name in a link to it. Now it just says (overwrite: summary, if one is given). I'm not opposed to having the "overwrite" there, in fact I think that's good. But I think it was much better having the file name in there on the RC page, such as ... (Overwrite - File:Filename.jpg: Summary, if given.) - JMAS 17:16, 26 January 2008 (UTC)