This page is an archive of a community-wide discussion. This page is no longer live. Further comments or questions on this topic should be made in a new Senate Hall page rather than here so that this page is preserved as a historic record. Graestan(Talk) 04:34, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
I've found some useful images from the LucasArts website for articles that are imageless. But I'm not familiar with all this stuff about images and copyright laws. I'm assuming that this is allowed, but just to make sure, does anyone know for sure that LucasArts allows some of their images from their official game sites to be used freely? Cyfiero 06:43, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
Cyfiero 06:48, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
Oh btw, they're not exactly screenshots. Just images on the gameplay section. Cyfiero 06:48, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
I believe the answer is yes, but I'm not sure how they're classified license-wise. I'm sure we have some floating around somewhere where the correct licensing could be found, but I'm not sure where. JorrelFraajic 16:42, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
If they contribute to the article's text, then they can generally be considered fair use. If, however, you just want to add them because they look sweet, it wouldn't be. Also, some of those images might be considered promotional. —Xwing328(Talk) 02:38, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
They do contribute to the article's text, I'm sure. Esp. since most of those articles don't really have a good image to go with the article in my opinion or not at all and would really benefit from one. I'm not sure if they're considered promotional or not... but I don't know how to upload those images specifically. I don't know how to explain it, but I can't save them as a file or something. Cyfiero 03:42, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
I'm guessing they're part of a Flash website or something? In that case, the easiest way to save them would be to do a screenshot, and then crop it down to the actual image. —Xwing328(Talk) 02:17, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
Something about the Adobe Flash... thingy. I did take a screenshot of it, but because I took a screenshot, I had to paste it on Microsoft Word. I cropped it to the actual image. But I don't know how to change it from a Microsoft Word Document to an actual picture file. Because of this, I can't upload it. Cyfiero 02:54, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
What site are they from and what images? I'll see if I can extract the flash images for ya. - JMASHey, it's me! 03:36, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
1) At least to me, it has a clear image of how a DH-17 blaster rifle looks like. The article is in need of an image.
2) Also, there's also an image of a DC-17 blaster there. The article on the DC-17 has had a lot of image changes, and none that I can say have been very clear.
3) Also, on the Alliance Vehicles, there's an image of a different variant of a combat landspeeder. The model shown on the site is not the same model actually used in the game, so I want to add info. on the different model shown on the site in the BTS section of the article.
4) This is the same for the gian speeder as seen in the Alliance Vehicles section of the site. It looks nothing like how the gian speeder appeared in-game or other sources. So, I want to make a note of this in the BTS section of the article as well.
5) An image of a V-1 thermal detonator should be there as well.
Thanks for your help and tell me if you have any problems with this. Cyfiero 04:46, 23 October 2008 (UTC)