I was wondering how Mace Windu was able to 'bounce back' Palpatine's lightning with his lightsaber in Ep III, when in Ep II Obi-Wan blocked Dooku's lightning and his lightsaber just absorbed the lightning. What is the differance?
- Continuity error? Vapaad? Read the novel.--The Erl of the SH Archive/Sith Lightning and Lightsabers talk What I do 15:52, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
- Or maybe it was because, in my opinion, he was pushing it towards Palps at a close range. -- Doo Doo talk 06:05, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah... Maybe it was because Obi-Wan didn't want to deflect it; Mace did.
- Maybe it was the type of Lightsaber that determined whether or not it was deflected.
- Dooku directed a single blast at Obi-Wan from one hand. Palpatine seemed to be firing a much wider burst from both hands, so not all of it can be absorbed by the lightsaber; the rest arcs back into Palpatine - Kwenn 17:12, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
- I thought it was just because there was a lot of it in the corner of the room. It had to go somewhere! (Thom32 23:46, 28 April 2006 (UTC))
i heard it was because of mace windus electrum lightsaber
- Electrum lightsaber just looks better, it wont affect the performance of the lightsaber. Vaapad is the point, accept it! Darth Kevinmhk 17:44, 29 April 2006 (UTC)
I concure, electrum is just an decoration for lightsabers, which is why only Council members are permitted to have them, the electrum has no effect whatso ever on teh lightsaber. Except for Palpatine's which is an electrum adn phrik alloy, which looks good adn makes it virtualy impossiable to destroy. DarthVaderwillriseagain 18:03, 29 April 2006 (UTC)DarthVaderwillriseagain
- In the Revenge of the Sith novel, it says that Mace can bounce the lightning back because of his Vaapad ability. CommanderGree117